Herbalife Triathlon Los Angeles
Results and Photos
Are you Looking for your results? Here's the link.
Are you looking for your photo? Here's the link for that.
We Have a New Start Process this Year -- SwimStream™
Pacific Sports will be launching its new SwimStream start procedure at the HerbalifeTriathlon Los Angeles. Here's how it works:
- Participants will be allowed to self-determine at which time they begin the swim portion of HTLA. Those with the fastest anticipated swim time will be encouraged to start in the earliest grouping or stream. For the Olympic Distance, this would be below 22 minutes; for the Sprint it would be below 11 minutes.
- The swim chute will be no different than our previous construction or other swim starts you've seen. Volunteers will be holding a sign that has a specific time on it (similar to a run pace for a half or full marathon). Swimmers should line up in their appropriate anticipated time. Note, just like a running event, we will not force someone in a specific time/pace. It is on the honor system. This will allow some variability if friends, members of a triathlon club, co-workers from the same company, or family members want to swim together. We want swimmers to have maximum comfort and relaxation when entering the ocean.
- Once a stream enters the start chute, swimmers will move toward the end of the chute, cross the timing mat and proceed directly into the water. Similar to a funnel. Your time starts when you cross the SwimStream timing mat. We will have streams of approximately 100 swimmers each (e.g., 100 swimmers in the under-22-minute Olympic swim stream). We will run streams of swimmers until we get 400 participants in the water. At this point, athletes will be allowed into the water as earlier streams of swimmers finish and come up onto the beach. Lifeguards and our swim coordinators will assist in controlling the flow of the swimmers (like turning off and on a spigot).
- Once the Olympic distance race is in the water, we will have a approximately 10 minute gap and then start the Sprint under-11 minute swimmers, and so on until all the competitors have left the beach. The Sprint will start once the Olympic swimmers are past the turn buoys heading south.
- We strongly encourage warm-ups prior to the swim start. Those will be north of the swim course and at the participant's discretion.
Herbalife Triathlon Los Angeles- Voted one of the Top 20 Triathlons in the US
This is a race to make you feel like a rock star. You start in Venice Beach, and the bike takes you down a completely closed Venice Boulevard, one of the city's main thoroughfares. The second transition area is downtown and the two-loop run goes through the financial district with one gnarly hill next to the Disney Concert Hall. Read Full Article.
Announcing New SoCal Sprint Triathlon Series
Want to prove you're the best in SoCal? Compete in the Pacific Sports SoCal Sprint Triathlon Series! Series includes 3 sprint distance races: Long Beach Triathlon, Herbalife Triathlon Los Angeles, and Newport Beach Triathlon. Registration is open! Click here to register.
This is a race to make you feel like a rock star. You start in Venice Beach (often in fairly big surf), and the bike takes you down a completely closed Venice Boulevard, one of the city's main thoroughfares. The second transition area is downtown and the two-loop run goes through the financial district with one gnarly hill next to the Disney Concert Hall.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – June 4, 2013 – More than 18,000 participants in triathlon events produced by Pacific Sports LLC will now experience swim “surroundance” by blueseventy, a swim industry leader in technical performance products. Beginning with the Cleveland Triathlon on August 4th, blueseventy will be the Official Swim Sponsor across Pacific Sports’ six triathlon events in the U.S.: Cleveland; Eugene OR; Long Beach CA; Los Angeles CA; Newport Beach CA and Brooklyn NY.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – March 12, 2013 – More than 25,000 participants in triathlon, cycling and running events produced by Pacific Sports LLC will now reach for Herbalife24 sports nutrition products while on the course. When they do, they’ll reap the benefits of Herbalife’s expanded partnership with Pacific Sports, providing Herbalife24 HYDRATE to help maintain body fluid levels during and after competition, as well as access to Herbalife’s comprehensive sports nutrition line, Herbalife24. Herbalife is also the title sponsor of the Herbalife Triathlon Los Angeles produced by Pacific Sports, Sunday, October 13, 2013.